You finally did it! Big hooray, and yehey. You pushed through all the years of hard work, sleepless nights, eye bags, self-doubt, exhaustion, double personality disorder and caffeine-controlled-life to finally at the end of the journey. You are now Board Certified Medical Doctor! Your family is proud and you are probably grinning from ear to ear thinking of sleeping the remaining days of this month.
Welcome to the less than 0.1% of the population. The world is now ready to embrace you with your new degree and you are ready to embrace the world and say, “here I come” and “the hard part is over”.
How we wish that was true, but it’s not. Not even close. For me, you have just gotten out the easiest part of being a doctor. You are now on your level 2. Level 2 in terms of difficulty since you will now be slapped by reality.
Here are the things you need to do:
- Oath-taking Ceremony, what to do and what to wear?
But first you need to register to PRC to get your own license:
How to register to PRC to get your PRC license, see this post for the procedure: What to do next after Passing?
- You look around and realized that life kept moving while you are in a time zone and you missed a lot, now you want to do some “living” as of the moment. That there are such things as #YOLO, “you only live once” so you want to do vacationing just for few days or so.
- Now you need to decide which path you wanted to take. Will it be Residency, Public Service like serve as a “Doctor to the Barrio” or you still want to earn some decent cash and do “Moonlighting.”?
Read here: Who Wants to be a Doctor-to-the-Barrio?
- Now you are wondering how to go about “paying taxes”. Oh no, you need to start #adulting101 since you are already in your late 20’s or early 30’s. How do you start?
- Probably planning to get on with your family life and get married? For female doctors, here’s your guide to changing your name:
- When your friends and relatives are teasing you that you will soon be filthy rich, then you need to read this:
- After reading #6 you probably you want to be financially savvy and start something while you are still starting, but you are looking for the best person to advise you, then read this:
Do you realize now that what I say is true, your life is just about to start!
Things and stuff may be overwhelming and stressful but don’t forget to stop, reflect, and thank the source of your “joy” right now. Thank the ONE TRUE source of your blessings that finally, you can have that “trodat” with your name and license number written on it.
Smile, it only just begun but the beginning is often the sweetest because beginnings are always full of excitement, hope, love, and idealism.
I’m just here for you if you need me.
For your Financial Health,
Do you have a question or anything you wanted to tell me? Click here and contact me. I would be happy to help or just listen.
- Who Wants to be a Doctor-to-the-Barrio?
- FILIPINO DOCTORS AND TAXATION Part 1: The Ultimate Guide on How to Register as a Doctor/Physician in BIR
- Rules for Female Doctors: Changing Names after Getting Married
- 6 Secrets of Becoming the RICH DOCTOR Your Friends and Family Think You are
- Doctor’s Biggest Mistakes in Choosing a Financial Advisor
Latest posts by Pinky De Leon-Intal, MD, RFC (see all)
- Difference between UITF, Mutual Fund and VUL - 17 October, 2017
- Congratulations! You are Now a Board Certified Doctor! Now What? - 26 September, 2017
- A Guide to Creating Beneficiaries for your Life Insurance Policy - 19 September, 2017